The international Cracow Cognitive Science Conference is organised annually by the JU Society of Cognitive Science Students. This year’s edition of the conference will focus on consciousness.
The organisers invite papers on various aspects of consciousness, such as:
- Neural correlates of consciousness
- Modern (neuro)phenomenology and its accomplishments
- What’s the role of consciousness?
- Methods and techniques of studying consciousness
- Is consciousness only a human attribute? Animal and artificial systems consciousness
- Meaning of research on consciousness for (bio)ethics
- Disorders and altered states of consciousness
- Nature and reasons for arguments in scientific studies of consciousness
- Learning and consciousness access
Consciousness as a catalyst for philosophical discussions concerning human nature
The participants are encouraged to present their own research, never published before. Talks and posters in Polish as well as in English are welcome.
Active participants' fee is 80 PLN. It covers conference materials, coffee breaks and dinners.
Passive participation is free of charge.